-
March 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM
#31
HB Forum Owner
-
March 26th, 2005, 04:55 AM
#32
Senior Hostboard Member
You didn't ruin it imo, at least not for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 28th, 2005, 09:00 PM
#33
Inactive Member
haha, I'll try to think of an accident to return to the topic.
I too was electrocuted as a kid by cutting the wire of the iron my mum was using......hmm, my family has never really had to endure any other accidents........do accidental children count as accidents?
-
March 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
#34
Senior Hostboard Member
I guess [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
#35
Senior Hostboard Member
Lol you prolly watched too much Tom and Jerry, Tom used to play around with scissors a lot.
-
March 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM
#36
Inactive Member
That show in particular really concerns me. It really does. People have absolutely no idea just how susceptible young children are to even the slightest exhibition of behaviour. Provided that the behaviour is expressed as having beneifical/enjoyable consequences, the children will most likely imitate it (ye ol' operant conditioning).
And Tom and Jerry is acknowledged as a show appropriate for really young children. This show which portrays a cat and mouse gaining pleasure from killing each other (although since they are cartoons, nothing happens to them....but give a kid an anvil and a head to push it onto.....the results will be...hilarious...).
Hmm, I realise that I'm beginning to sound like one of those old bitches who call in to stop a show because there's a little violence...but I do believe that some shows really shouldn't be aired at certain times, since the influence these kinds of shows have on children's behavious is really profound. Things like "Tom and Jerry" really could promote bad behaviour in very young children, but would be fine for those at an older age.
In conclusion.....yes, maybe I did watch Tom and Jerry, and as such, imitate the behaviour observed due to convincing myself that cutting things was pleasurable, and thus should be a behaviour performed at every given oppertunity.
Damn, I really deviated there....should stop....
-
March 28th, 2005, 10:11 PM
#37
Senior Hostboard Member
Lol, well Tom and Jerry sure is some dangerous cartoon to watch. But TV channels go far, a few years and we'd see Teletubbies with a not under 12 circle, and horror movies without a sign. This of course won't happen, but I've got really pissed when they cancelled someanimes (i.e. Dragon Ball) because it was too bloody and violent, with that they could ban Tom and Jerry too. And when a good show is shown tV, you may probably see "water" instead of blood (for example they did to Naruto somewhere out there, source: naruto-kun.com).
Anyway dude, be happy you did not find pleasure in starting fires... er... I hope you don't...
-
March 29th, 2005, 06:48 AM
#38
Senior Hostboard Member
Dragon ball was canceled because a fool thought he's Son Goku and he can fly... he couldn't. And try out some jokes from Tom and Jerry and you'll be dead for sure. It's strange that Yugioh was ended(here in Hungary) because it was too brute(oh yeah, those monsters disappeared in a sec with no blood but too brute) but Inuyasha where you can see how the main char slice monsters into 5 pieces not ended.
-
March 29th, 2005, 08:50 AM
#39
Inactive Member
Don't worry about losing DB. It sucked anyways.
-
March 29th, 2005, 08:54 AM
#40
Senior Hostboard Member
I'm not worrying about it now, but back then it was a miracle and everyone loved it, it was a tragedy to lose it. Everyone I knew was a friggin maniac.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks